Friday, March 18, 2011

Mindset

I have been feeling really stressed lately, so this spring break hasn't been really feeling like a vacation. And I feel as if I repeat myself again and again cause this seems to happen every vacation. I get work, I start it, then I drag it down until a few days or until the very last day of vacation. By then I get fed up of homework, make myself finish it, and then I would have to go back to school, not really well rested and ready to start up again.

This is a bad habit.

Another bad habit is feeling stressed, which I seemed to have developed pretty recently. I would settle down, think of all the things I have to get done, and then feel stressed because I feel as if I would have to spend the whole day working on that agenda (which bc of my habit, I sometimes do wind up doing). This would either lead me to accept it or become unhappy and depressed or just really stressed out and drained.

This is Not Good.

Because one it is not healthy for me. Two, I can make so much more better use of my time. And three, I start to become one of those over-stressed, worked up people that can't seem to relax and are not fun to be with at all.

Honestly, if I could just keep looking at things in a different mindset/perspective, I am pretty sure that I can feel much better. Most of the things I have to get done, will get done cause that's just the type of person I am. Also, it is not like it is a disaster or the end of the world to be busy and have lots of work, I should probably feel proud of myself instead for being able to handle such a large work load and be responsible enough to get it done, instead of continuously thinking what else I could be doing with my time.

So it is true that having a positive mindset matters and to often not worry or think about things too much because honestly, I don't think it ever actually helps the situation.

Sometimes it is best to try to be more easy-going and let life take its course. You can't control everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment