Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just Deal With It, Keep Calm & Carry On

These days I haven't been sleeping well, for some reason questionable thoughts came into my mind causing me to toss and turn while trying to reason myself that I am making the right decision. You may think that this is a probably a big decision, but it really has to do with my senior year at college and what classes/credits I am planning/have to take.

There are these 2 hard courses that are required for my major left over plus a bunch of other annoying required courses that I also have to take. I thought that the mix between the classes was fine, until I started to wonder how difficult the 2 courses would actually be. Would I be able to handle them along with the other courses? Maybe. Would I be able to keep up GPA? Not sure.

So, I began to wonder whether or not I should just take more credits this semester and then I could take less credits for my senior year and be able to use more of that time towards studying for the difficult classes. The thing is that this semester I have other obligations of community service and a research project and I kind of feel that the amount of classes I am taking is enough. I just wished that the amount of credits for my senior year could have been less. Or that I never took up the other obligations in the first place, so that I could have taken more classes without worrying about my workload.

These thoughts, mixed with a little bit of regret was what consuming my mind the past few nights and I wind up going to school exhausted from the lack of restful sleep.

Searching for advice I turned to many advisers to see what I should do. They gave me advice on my credit load and what classes I should take for my electives so that more time can be focused on the difficult courses, but I guess what I was really looking for was "words of comfort". Words that I am able to handle with it; if I don't do well in my courses than it's ok. But I couldn't really ask them of that.

So, I turned to my brother. Lately, I had made him the source where I could just tell him all of troubles and worries that I am experiencing and see what advice he could give me. Advice is something that everyone just needs at times.

He told me that I should just deal with it. I know, not exactly inspiring, but it's true. He said that things in life often goes in ways that we can't control and we can't everything in life. Usually, what gets us through it is just to deal with it the best we can and just do the best we can. That's all we can do. We shouldn't stress ourselves out over the idea that not everything is not going the way that we would like it to be. It usually is that life is about learning how to deal with the difficult situations and challenges that present themselves to us and just doing the best we can. We should learn to enjoy the journey while we are living it. Keep Calm and Carry On.

No comments:

Post a Comment