These past few weeks I have been back at my school, now as a college sophomore! (whoop whoop) haha.
Even though I am actually not that excited as I appeared to be in the previous sentence, I believe I learned much more about my school, myself, and life than from from my freshman year. The first thing I noticed when I got to school was how crowded it was, seriously like the crowds of people waiting for the elevators were longer than I remembered from last year. Oh and did I mention that just like last semester, I was almost late on first day of school for class and had to (instead of taking the elevator cause of the lines) run up 6 flights of stairs to reach my class on time. And just like last semester, I got to class to see the professor had not yet arrived, I am the last person to get to class,and that I am breathing rather heavily, while everyone appears to be looking at me. Yeah, I am not so comfortable with that, so I quickly found a seat, oh my god.
While it is nice to see that the new freshman students look just as lost as I was last year on my first day, I realized that I still had a lot to learn. I am still exploring my career options, which honestly I think that even when I graduate from college, I still would not be sure of one specific career choice, maybe a particular field I would like to join, but I think that I would like to keep my options open, so that one day if I dislike something I can freely choose to move and try another. But don't worry I get enough of "don't move too much or else you will never know what you want" from my parents, so there is no need to think about me as that.
And as for my previous posts of choosing a major in finance, I didn't, I just couldn't. I remember last semester when I chose to move into the Business School that when I was filling out my paper, I just couldn't bring myself to write down a B.B.A degree in Finance, I don't know why and neither did my parents, whom I'm sure were tired of me not choosing it and being undecided in what to do. So I didn't, I instead chose Business Undecided because even though I wanted to be in business, I didn't know what area to choose, so that is what I did. And for a while I was content with that...
>>>>Fast Forward a Couple of Months>>>>
And soon to be when I hand in my major change form, I will be a Business Economics Major with a minor in Finance, I spoke to two advisers and they helped me make the right choice. If I chose a major in finance, I will be staying only in the financial field, working for financial institutions, like JP Morgan, Chase Bank, Merrill Lynch, etc., which is not so bad. But if I chose Business Economics, I will be able to have a chance to work in those institutions and many other career paths as well. Maybe even an columnist for some business paper or magazine, I think that would be pretty ideal. Having a minor in finance will help me learn the important analysis work for finance needed in most business institutions and actually, as hard as it sounds, I think it would be interesting to learn how to invest my money in stocks and stuff to invest more for the future.
A man's world, but a woman's world too, if she wants it to be. Remember men are the head, but the women controls the neck and which direction the head turns, muhahaha.
Personal Feelings Note:
I was actually much more positive about going to school this year and was extremely focused on getting that high GPA. But unfortunately after about a week and a half, I wounded up being tired (sleep deprived trying to get back on the schedule of waking up early) and kind of lost in my interest. I have no idea why, but I guess it's because the classes are kind of boring, I guess it mostly depends on the professors though. My economics professor, even though she gives me a lot to study for, is interesting and keeps everyone in the class involved. My business law and math professor are like draining my soul with their monotone voices and dry humor, but I have to give them credit for trying...
Now about 3 weeks or so into the semester I am unmotivated, tired, often times grouchy and annoyed, about class, school, and even my life. I just lost the interest and motivation to work towards my academic goals, which I know when winter break comes will bother me and make me feel even more worse. I just need some positive, good motivation and fun to keep me happy, otherwise I would feel kind of bored and miserable. Not to mention that it has been about a little more than year and this morning I woke up to dreaming about my friends back in high school, whom were much more fun to hang out with and seems to me a much happier time than now.
I guess I would just have to develop a new outlook towards life and try to stay positive no matter what happens and most importantly learn to let go because I really think that I worry and hold on to bad memories too long, forgetting the positive ones, and like I believe "I care too much".
aww i can so relate to this post
ReplyDeleteall i do now is reminisce on high school memories
your not alone and i think your right
we need to develop a new outlook on life so we can go on positively.
as for your career decision just let it take time eventually you will get there :)