Sunday, January 24, 2010

Figuring it Out...one step at a time

The second semester started in college and I'm getting into the order of things again. It was much better than the first semester of heart-pounding, nervous breakdown status...I mean come on, I was nervous, I was starting college. Basically ever since I was little, college was always emphasized as something that was like the best years of your life, it was momentous step in my life...hence the panic.

So anyways, I met with an adviser on Friday to discuss my uncertainties about my major. I am actually a Communications major, which I pursued because I originally wanted to be a journalist. However due to economy, I have heard many newspaper and magazine publications are closing and that leaves a lot of more experienced columnists without jobs. I can't bear the thought of working my butt off in college, just to graduate with a degree that no one is hiring from anymore. I'm pretty sure no college student wants that and no parent would want that for their child.

So its a difficult decision to know what I want to do next, its just that maybe journalism was not an ideal career goal for me in the first place. I'm just not ready to go and chase stories like that, to put yourself in occasional danger for the sake of getting the truth, but then again, I'm not sure anything much anymore.

So back to adviser...she told me perhaps I could try out some business classes, besides the Macroeconomics class I am taking this semester, there is another class called "Contemporary Business Practice" and "Business Law", but unfortunately the classes are closed out...full...(damn it)! I e-mailed the professor for a chance to squeeze me into the class, but one professor e-mailed me back and said that his class is already so full...arghhhh...why is that sometimes life can be so hard?!

Anyways I will be awaiting for the other professor's answer and from there I seriously need to make a another appointment with my adviser.

No comments:

Post a Comment