Thursday, August 18, 2011

Working my way towards there...

I thought about writing several times on this blog, when I ended my summer internship a few days ago on Monday. But now as I am looking at this screen, I can't seem to really write about how I felt or what my experience really was. Maybe it must be something about having to write "in the moment".

But, I can say the experience was a good one. Not only did I gain valuable knowledge about different types of languages and more useful computer skills, I also gain more confidence about my future. I now know more about what type of industry I am going into and more about what I want to do with my life.

I want to have a mixture of a stable, practical job with a sort of unorthodox/unconventional background. Such as managing a design or publishing firm/project, or even a small business store. We'll see. The thing I feel more confident about is that I and everyone else can create the type of future they want to live in. And we have to believe that in order to make it happen. We can't give up before we even really try.

But now that I am at home, I feel kind of restless and idle. I don't feel like I am actually relaxing or enjoying the rest of my time I have left before school starts. I don't like to count the time between when college starts again because I know that it would just make me antsy. In fact, that's how I feel nowadays. I feel so apprehensive about how I should spend the rest of summer days and how I feel about the upcoming semester.

I should be use to this by now. I mean I am going to be a junior, but I still feel the same. I guess I am worried that I am getting nowhere fast and that I haven't actually reached the depth of growth and improvement I should be at when I am in college.

I guess I should just let it slide. I am learning more bit by bit and hopefully one day I will be at the place where I want to be. But for right now, I will just be working my way towards there.

No comments:

Post a Comment