Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holidayyyyy

Hi Hi,

It has been sometime since I posted up a blog. Looking back to the last one, it was just the weekend right after Thanksgiving and I was tired, mopey, and complaining. Now it is a few days after Christmas and my semester is over! Wow a lot of things happened and I'm glad that I got through it all.

I had just read someone's blog and the blogger just gave me some more hope, inspiration, and a better perspective towards life. This particular blogger is a couple years older than I am, which is great, so I can see what kind of lifestyle the person is living after college and such. It's interesting to know that the person is still trying to "figure out who I am", which is the stage I am in, except that she has a much more positive attitude. She chooses to believe that life is much more interesting when you are in that stage and it's the best part of life. I always thought that if I figured out my life first, I would save time and be more focused towards a particular goal, instead of wasting time trying to figure out what I want to do.

Ever since I was little, I always had a goal towards something. It was the way I raised and it became part of who I am. So when I reached a certain part of my life when I no longer knew what I wanted to do or had no more goals in the near future, I became lost, confused, and somewhat panicky because I was never the type of person, who just goes with the flow and chooses to just experience things without a reason. So I became unhappy, depressed, and felt hopeless because I believed that without a clear goal I would just be a wanderer my entire life and be one of those "lost" types.

But the blogger instead sees this type of searching to be the best part of life. I heard of that saying before, but I never really believed in it, but now I am beginning to see the meaning of it, as with many other sayings as well. It's true that perhaps with all of this exploring we get to experience more things in life and enrich it, rather than be restricted to one type of experience. Yes, there would be hard times, ups and downs, but life is about risk and the ability to take it. To have faith and hope.

Therefore I will try to end this year with the end of depressing stage of figuring out who I am and what I want to do in the future with instead exploring and trying new things to help me eventually figure out the type of person I want to be: independent, strong, unafraid. Hopefully I will reach the career I truly want and be the type of person I always wanted to be, I just need to have hope and more faith in life. Oh yeah, and I am not going to let other people just stop me from enjoying my own life. :p to them!

Until next time,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. awww i like this post alot
    and your new perspective
    i feel the same alot of times but i think that sort of outlook does help you experience life in a more posiitve light (=

    ReplyDelete